Look, the snow is back (if you are on my actual blog)! I love the snow feature. Anyway, this isn’t my own personal recipe or anything that I came up with but these are really big where I live. They are usually only made around Christmas time. If you like the chocolate and peanut butter combination, you will love these. They are super yummy!
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter, butter, vanilla and confectioners’ sugar. The dough will look dry. Roll into 1 inch balls and place on a waxed paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Press a toothpick into the top of each ball (to be used later as the handle for dipping) and chill in freezer until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler or in a bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. Stir frequently until smooth.
- Dip frozen peanut butter balls in chocolate holding onto the toothpick. Leave a small portion of peanut butter showing at the top to make them look like Buckeyes. Put back on the cookie sheet and refrigerate until serving.
To get some more amazing recipes check out all the other participants!
Another Suburban Mom
Jack & Jill
His wyld rose
selkie (her recipe here, her blog here)
striving for peace