I LOVE this song…. what girl wouldn’t want to have this song sung to her?
Gotcha with that title didn’t I… I hope you’re not disappointed, this post probably won’t be as exciting as you anticipated. I actually just have a few random comments –
1. Some poor person googled “apple cider vinegar” and got my spanking blog. I hope wasn’t my neighbor because we’ve been talking about it a lot.
2. I got a new….ummm… “toy” recently because the old one was dying. I’m going to call it a “toy” because I get embarrassed easily and I normally would not mention this kind of thing. I think I might have a problem because it is so awesome I would like to stick it in my pocket all day, just bc it’s fun. But I can’t, I have to be around people most of the time and it’s kind of loud. And do I really need the extra help? I’m practically a walking sex hormone half the time as it is.
3. I really annoy myself with the “…” usage all the time, but seriously, I like to pause here and there, and I like write the way that I’m thinking it would sound if I were just talking out loud, so I don’t know how else to do that…. I hope I’m not annoying you too.
4. My vacation changed me a little bit. I’m afraid to go into details about some things, in case someone I know runs across this, but also I feel so refreshed. More than that, invigorated. And it’s something that only could have happened with the girls I went with. Can’t you tell how chipper I am? Ally Steps Forward’s thoughts on love, life, and spanking have turned into “yay for sex toys!”. Not that there is anything wrong with that…
5. My birthday is this weekend. I will be 30 something. I can’t believe how much I have changed in the past year. The amount of events and emotional upheaval that I’ve waded through, it’s been a while since life has been that hard. My grandma died, Brad had three surgeries, and I had a blood clot. We dealt with drug withdrawal, back pain, and RLS. Brad and I had some issues this summer, but honestly, he really rose to the occasion and helped bring us back together. I’m proud of how he’s handled all his health problems. He’s been down and depressed at times but never ever gave up looking for a solution. It’s been like wading waist deep in mud, but he’s worked really hard and get to where he is now. I also feel like I’ve come out on other side a better person, a smarter person, and a more happy and much more confident person. It’s not been a wasted year. There are things left yet to tackle, of course, there always will be, but I feel like I’ve climbed stairs instead sliding to the bottom. There were definitely times that I was nervous, afraid, unsure, insecure, but I made it through! So for right now, I am happy with where I am sitting. Some of you have been an unending source of support and care and I am so grateful for you all. (Guess I got back to being a little more serious. Oh well, some things never change).
As I mentioned, I was out of town last week. I was on an awesome vacation that was planned a long time ago with some friends of mine. I’ve never gone on a “just the girls” vacation before, but let me tell you – it was wonderful. Don’t get me wrong, I missed Brad terribly, and I was constantly wishing he could be seeing what I was seeing, but I had SO much fun!
Being with the girls all week was a nonstop laugh fest. I acquired six pack abs in the process! There were a few times I was concerned I might pee my pants we laughed so hard. I really had no idea my friends were so funny, that together we could all reduce our maturity level to 16 yr olds, and still be very very good. Yes, we were silly, but very well behaved. 🙂
Now it’s back to reality again. I have lots to do but I’m feeling re-energized. And while the vacation was mostly fun and laughter, it gave me some things to think about too. I learned some things that I kind of wish I didn’t… There were some disappointments in others, some disappointments in myself. Nothing that had to do with the trip but with life at home. There were some things that happened that changed my viewpoint about some pretty big issues. Some things that made me sad. The bonus was that we were able to connect with some people who live very different lives from us….Anyway, I’m probably not making much sense, but I don’t want to go into too much detail.
Have a good day everyone!
Hey everybody, I realize I’ve been missing the past couple weeks. I haven’t abandoned you, I’ve been busy. Last week I was out of town and the week before was crazy with kids starting school and other activities and also running around preparing to be out of town. I’m back and totally exhausted and not exactly surprised to see 180 new posts that my Google reader expects me to read! Hmmm… I’d love to post but I also want to catch up with you all, I feel so behind. I’m feeling chatty so hopefully it won’t take to long to read up.